Last Saturday I said goodbye to everybody and did the same Sunday and Monday morning early we left Kearns in a Pullman. About 9 A.M. was when we got away. I didn't feel too hot Monday but since then I have felt fine. We went through Reno at night and about three o-clock in the afternoon of Tuesday, October 5, arrived here at Camp Stoneman in Pittsburgh, California - about 45 miles out of San Francisco. The barracks is a two story deal with a separate latrine in each barracks. Leo Walkman and myself have a private room upstairs fixed up just like home. We have pictures hanging all over. So far we haven't done much except eat and sleep and gamble a little. We haven't been allowed to write any letters because of the strict censorship. I have already written four letters and cannot even mail them. This camp has everything here. Field Artillery, Air Corps, Infantry, Signal Corps, and everybody has to remove all arm patches. Kearns would fit into one corner of this place.
Yesterday we received mosquito netting. Looks like the tropics for us. We don't salute officers, don't wear ties, mix up our uniforms. Food here is excellent - I hope I don't get fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment