Tuesday, December 14, 1943

Last nite I went to the big boxing show that the Special Services put on. It was quite good. I work hard these days and like to see the days roll by fast. Saw a ballgame Sunday that the Air Force won - 1-0 - an excellent game. No mail until today - I received four letters from home - I sure am happy to get them - that's why I couldn't go to town, because I wanted to write a little tonite. We have so much entertainment planned by Special Services that we don't have near enough time to do all we would like to. Right now I have no friends, close ones I mean. I know the boys in the barracks, but other than that I am strictly a lone wolf. I haven't given any time to women since I have been here - unusual for me. I want to save a little dough and it makes things tough to get along about $15.00 a month - I am going to try it though. I weighed 175 a week ago but since then I have been exercising a little and got back to 171. I don't feel too heavy. When I received those letters today I couldn't for the life of me eat dinner, I was too excited. I can't attempt to explain my feelings. Christmas is coming pretty quick and I am afraid it won't seem much like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment