The time surely flies and thank God for that. Last Monday I came to Archer Field, a ten-minute walk from Muckley. I figured things out pretty close - I am in the Surgeon's office as I expected to be. The force is a swell bunch of fellows. We are up at 6:15 and catch the 7:40 bus to Brisbane - then we eat two meals in town - Get off at 5:30 and after chow - catch a bus back here to Archer. There are plenty of big planes here. Mostly transports.
The Australian people are funny. They write editorials nearly everyday citing the fact that the soldiers eat better. This is a peculiar situation. The Australian people or government runs the town but the American Army has taken it over. American money is worth a lot here and the Australian people are still getting paid on their own standard of living. There is a lot of ill feeling but it is held down of necessity.
Sunday I went to church and had an excellent time. Twenty service men were present. We had nearly 100% bear testimonies. It was one of the most inspiring meetings I have ever been to. No mail for three weeks. I weigh 172 pounds. Awful - huh!!
No comments:
Post a Comment