Thursday, June 17, 1943
On Thursday, June 10, I received my shipping orders and I expected to be shipped to someplace across the country. Instead of that I shipped across Camp Kearns to the 1700 block. I am now a member of the Overseas Replacement Training Center. At first I was very disappointed and afraid but after a week of adjusting myself I feel swell about it. We have started a 48 day training program and we are eligible for shipping across at any time. We don't know where or how or what direction we are going but we do know that we are going. I am in the 501 Training Group squadron 188. I mean flight 188 squadron 2. The fellows here are all veterans in the army compared with me. Most of them are Corporals or Sargents in some line or another and all have been in the army several months while I have just completed my second month. I am lucky to be this close to home, however, as I go home nearly every night and have mother do my washing. Right now I am supposed to be an optician and I hope to ship as an optician but I am never sure of anything in the army.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment