Sunday, October 8, 1944
Went down to Lake Sentani swimming and had a swell time. Two fellows have lost their lives from crocodiles there but if we don't take any chances there isn't much danger. The lousy war hasn't improved much. The Browns are ahead of the Cards 2-1 in the series after being favored to lose heavily. I am going to play ball up at GHQ they tell me, tonight if everything pans out as I hope it will. They put all the colonels at the heads of these sections on flying time the other day. Administrative officers making probably $1000 a month already get flying pay and another 50% of that. It is a racket that shouldn't be allowed but it's just one of those things. The days are a little warmer lately because of no rain. Went to church today and had a very good meeting. We had about 50 out again and I played the organ. The wind blew a couple of times and blew my book closed and we had to top the song while I found the place. It was quite a mess but then we just laughed about it and forgot it. I tried to get up to Biak but haven't been able to work it. It seems that a lot of traffic goes up that way and it is impossible to get a ride up. I am still trying though. Received two letters from June day before yesterday. She is studying under Mr. Lyons in one of her classes. She has been very restless and unsettled along with the rest of her crowd lately and I ma hoping that the business of school will keep her busy enough. This war is tough on everybody I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment